Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fukuoka - Week 2 (Total, week 11)

Second week down.

I never expected the mission field to be so hard. But I guess anything is hard compared to the life I was living back home. 

Well we have 2 investigators with baptismal dates. Hopefully I don't get transferred before that. Still lots of contacting, which I didn't expect since we have so many people to visit. I guess we try and keep an even balance of contacting and teaching lessons. We have made a lot of progress these past couple of weeks. Right now we honestly have too many investigators, and too many less actives to visit. Very hard trying to get everyone into our schedule. I know that numbers aren't everything, but I'm very competitive, and honestly, our numbers are the best in our district so far. Which just is reassuring to myself that I'm working hard :). 

Last Pday we went to an outdoor mall place and just walked around. It was weird.. Today we are going shopping as well, I need more and more stuff as the mission goes on. I definitely did not pack the best that I could have. 

I am making lots of friends out here, especially in the ward. The ward I am in is awesome! On saturday, we played futsol with some investigators and a bunch of the ward members. I'm still very bad at soccer, but I scored, so I guess thats good! One of the guys from futsol came to church on sunday, and I think had a really good experience. I honestly feel like he will join the church. He was so spiritual. Last night we visited the ward mission leader to share a spiritual message. He ended up feeding us, and gave me a present, best day ever!! 

We also had our Eikawa this week. I felt like it was very very very awkward. Hopefully this week we can make it better. Not really sure how, but hopefully we can. 

Well I'm not really sure what else to write about this week. It was fun. I'm exhausted every single night, and go to bed at about 10. But it's good out here. Can't wait til I can speak the language, but until then, I'll just try and have as much fun as possible! 

My trainer is still way awesome. Way happy. And he is a hard worker, and very obedient which is good for me. 

Hope everyone has a good week!

Love kyle

(and from Mom.....Eikawa is English class, the little gift is a wood carving, carved using a magnifying glass! He promises pictures next week.  If you get a chance, he'd love a LETTER! an actual, handwritten or typed LETTER.)

No comments:

Post a Comment