Thursday, January 1, 2015

Week 7 - Happy New Year

Titled "At the Dentist"...guess he is always studying!

Looks like its about time for a haircut!!


I hope everyone had an awesome New Year's Eve. We partied it up and went to bed at 10:30!! There were a bunch of Elder's running the halls and stuff up until then! It was intense... 

The temple is closed today, so we have an extra long Pday. I have no idea what to do with all the extra time. Might end up studying.. who knows.

Japanese has been kicking my behind recently. There is just so much to learn, in such a short amount of time. We got lucky with our teachers though. I honestly think we have the 3 best teachers for the entire Japanese floor. One of them, who is from Japan, is the funniest guy I have met. I probably shouldn't say some of the stuff that happens.. But don't worry, we aren't breaking any rules :)

I finally got released from district leader on Sunday. I have gotten lots more sleep these past couple of days for sure! We also had an elder sick last week, so I stayed back with him and had a catch up day on sleep. 

For the Sunday Night Devotional, David Archuleta came for his birthday! It was amazing! He sang pretty much all of my favorite songs! Including "If the Savior Stood Beside Me". Nobody had a clue that he was coming. It was sweet! And Richard Elliot came with him. He is insane on the piano. You could tell that nobody wanted to listen to him at first, but he quickly earned people's respect. 

We got our flight plans yesterday! We leave the MTC at 3 in the morning on the 12th!!! I can't wait to get out to the field!! And the layover times aren't that long. It's only 21 hours of flight time. Way better then some of the travel time that I've had to deal with! :) 

love ya 
miss ya 
Elder Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment