Monday, June 20, 2016

Yamaguchi - Countdown, 22 weeks!

June 19, 2016

Time is running low on the mission. It goes by too fast. This week, not too much happened, other than I realized how much I love these Japanese people. Yes, they make their mistakes, and yes they are imperfect like the rest of us. But they have some of the most faith out of anybody I know. The members of Japan are literally some of the best people I have met in my entire life.
Yesterday we had a big broadcast over Japan and got to hear from Elder David A. Bednar, and others. The Yamaguchi District all went over to a city called Ube. For some people it was an hour drive, and for some people just a few minutes. But to be able to see so many faithful people compile into a small chapel to hear from a Disciple of the Lord was amazing.
I only have a few months left until they're making me go home, and it is going to be one of the worst days of my life. If you have never gotten to meet any of the Japanese/foreign members in your wards or stakes, I challenge you to meet them. Get to know them. They are the best people you will ever come in contact with.
My companion and I are still going strong. Working hard, and having lots of fun. We both agreed to take LONG naps today.
I truly know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. And I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and it was translated by Joseph Smith. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today. I know some people just think I may be lying, or its all in my head. But this isn't something to lie about, and it's not just a belief. It's a knowledge. Read the book :)
Anyways, sorry it was a boring week, and not too much to tell, but I'm having the time of my life! Let me know if I can do anything for anyone over here in Japan!
Love you guys!
Elder Davies


No comments:

Post a Comment