Friday, December 12, 2014

Week 1 & 2

First off I just want to say, if you want to send me a letter or package, I will love you forever :)

Thanks to everyone who has! I don't have very much time in the MTC to write back, but I'll get there eventually! 

Also, I'm sorry that I missed the first week, my mom hid the email paper from me :)

FIRST WEEK

My life at the MTC usually starts off by waking up at 6:30 (which is a lot easier than I thought it would be), then going to the gym for about 45 minutes, grabbing a quick sack breakfast. Then going back to my room, and I will have about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much time I spend eating. After that, we have class for about 4 and a half hours, personal study, companionship study, language study, and then additional study. Then we have 45 minutes for lunch. Which is when we check mail for the first time of the day. I usually don't get mail then. Then we go back to class at 1:30, and have another 4 hours of study time, usually with our teacher, and it's used to study Japanese. Then we have 45 more minutes for dinner, where I usually get my packages, and letters! Then we have another 3 hours of class time, where we teach an "investigator", "who only speaks Japanese". We started on our second day, and ouch. I felt bad for him, cause we had absolutely no idea what he was saying. I'm getting good enough now where I can usually pick out the subject and verb, and be able to tell if it's a question.. So I can guess what he says I guess? But we have gotten him to pray and read the BOM. So we are doing well with the language I guess. After that, we have 45 minutes of personal time, which goes by insanely fast. I usually change, and go get some ice cream from the vending machine. Then 15 minutes of journal writing. And then lights out. I have a headache literally every night. But it's not a bad one, it just shows me that I've studied enough for the day. 

As for my district, they're all pretty sweet! There are 6 elders, and 2 sisters. All of the elders, are in the same room, and we party hard. Not really. But it's sweet, we have grown close already! Mismash Choro, is my companion. He's messy, and doesn't know how to contain his stuff. Which really gets on my nerves. I've learned to love him lots though! Then there's Pettit Choro, funniest kid I've ever met! His companion, Richards Choro is a character too. Always singing. He's a great guy though, and me and him are the only ones that go to choir. Then there is Kaufusi Choro. He is Tongan, and is from New Zealand, he's 21. The rest of them are 18. He's awesome. Then there's his companion Williams Choro. Who is half Japanese. He is about 5'7 and weighs about 100 pounds. and he is a pain. He follows the rules exactly, and doesn't know how to speak up. I'll have to do a better explanation next email. But he is annoying too. I love them all. and we are a big family. MTC is cool like that. Nobody is ever alone. 


SECOND WEEK

Well the MTC is pretty boring honestly, pretty much the same thing every day.. I got sick last Sunday. Probably homesick. But after a lot of drugs I got better (joking). Anyways, this place is a spiritual prison... except we don't get visits. Or phone calls. Another joke. But other then the 13 hours a day studying, and waking up at 6:30, and always doing stuff. This place is awesome! My district is like a big family now! 

2 days ago, Dallin H. Oaks came and spoke at our devotional. One of the coolest experiences of my life! He talked about how there is always room for improvement. And that we are our Heavenly Father's tools. He gave a good analogy of a pen. When we need to use a pen, we don't want it to say it's sick, or too tired. When we need to write something down important, we don't want our pen saying, well today is my P-day, but come back tomorrow. We are not out here for ourselves. We are out here for Him. For the people of Japan. It got me way pumped. Too bad I'm stuck here for 9 weeks, eh? 

Today we got to hear from Elder Bednar. It was OUTSTANDING. He changed it from the normal talk, and decided to pass out a bunch of cell phones, and we could text in questions to his iPad, and he would read them off and answer them. I sent in my question, and then forwarded it to him about 20 times (don't tell anyone). It got answered. :) It was SO cool to hear an answer you've been searching for from an apostle. 

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Thanksgiving, as I have. I just ate more than I ever have before. 

This Church is true. If you have any doubts or questions, you can always email me :) I have about 2000 missionaries willing to help :)


I hope everyone is doing well, and I love all you guys! 

Love Davies Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment